Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pizza - Ready to dig in?



This is my entry to Coffee's MBP(Jan)2007 event...the new event is all about choosing and cooking dishes from fellow bloggers , this month's theme being "around the World".

I made the pizza from RP's Workhop and it turned out to be a super duper hit! Thanks RP for the recipe...

Pizza Base:
Made the pizza base following RP's method.
Variation : After kneading the dough by hand,I added 2 Tbsps of Italian seasoning and garlic salt for added flavor; then shaped it into a ball.Then allowed it to rise as mentioned by RP and then shaped it into 2 crust (instead of three as in the original recipe)

Pizza sauce:

Used the Prego traditional Italian tomato sauce.

Pizza Topping:

Here comes the fun part where I like to play, with different combinations, to my heart's content. This time I used the following toppings:

Marinated Paneer, green bell pepper,onion.


Pineapple chunks,Artichoke hearts,mushroom and Jalapeno peppers.


For marinating paneer:


Soak the following ingredients in 3/4 cup of curd for about an hour:
Paneer - 100 grams
A pinch of turmeric
Salt
Chili Powder- 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 3/4 tsp
Oil- 1 spoon

Baking:


Preheat the oven to 475F for at least half an hour [I religiously followed this after reading RP's warning ;) ]. Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone. Bake it for 12 - 14 minutes till the cheese melts and crust becomes a beautiful golden, watching it carefully [More than being careful,me and my DH could not wait for the pizza to come out of oven;so checked it almost once a minute :)].

Finally:

Cut the pizza into wedges using a pizza cutter [actually I didn't have the heart to cut the beautiful work of art ;) and kept admiring it for few seconds..] Enjoy the fruit of your labor with a glass of coke and good company!

Ultimate Foodie at 10:39 AM

15comments

15 Comments

at January 17, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM PST Blogger FH said...

Oh my!! Foodie, you are the ultimate!I know it's rp's recip but your method and pics are gorgeous!! Kudos to you and enjoy!:))

 
at January 17, 2007 at 8:56:00 PM PST Blogger Unknown said...

WOW..i love this pizza.Pinapple chunks and jalapeno are the must on my pizza everytime ordered...:)
Would love to try this.thanks for sharing.Pic.Looks great.First time here, glad i found your blog of delicious recipes.

 
at January 17, 2007 at 10:47:00 PM PST Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai, very nice

 
at January 18, 2007 at 5:29:00 AM PST Blogger Mrs. K said...

Wow! Wow!! This looks fantastic! Adding seasonings to the dough sounds great. And you did play with the toppings, especially the marinated paneer should have added an Indian touch to it. Wonderful! I wonder how you managed to get the dough raise in this cold weather. I am afraid to attempt this in winter. Thanks for letting me know about this; am glad I found this wonderful blog of yours. And thanks for all the mention. :)

 
at January 18, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM PST Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ,
Pizza looks tempting! Thats a great idea to add paneer to the topping. Cheers!BTW , Thanks for adding me in your linklist!

 
at January 18, 2007 at 7:49:00 PM PST Anonymous Anonymous said...

SLURP!!!!! My mouth is watering!!!!! Coincicently I also made pizza :) But from someone elses blog. Check out my ver (not very diff from yours :) ) over the weekend. :)

Thanks for this lovely entry!!!!

www.mykhazanaofrecipes.wordpress.com

 
at January 19, 2007 at 11:11:00 AM PST Blogger Ultimate Foodie said...

Asha, what wud I ever do without ur encouraging words?U r really super nice...

Hi Mahe! Pizza topped with pineapple and jalapeno is so exotic and delicious,isn't it? Glad that you liked the blog..do keep visiting!

Thanks kal!

Hi RP..so happy that i got the certificate from u,the mother of the recipe ;)..I preheat the oven a bit,let the dough rise and keep my fingers crossed :)...it has worked till now...

Hi Lakshmiammal, thanks a lot!

Hi coffee! will definitely check out your version...eagerly waiting for the round-up :)

 
at January 19, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM PST Blogger Lakshmik said...

Nice blog with yummy recipes. I have added this blog to my blogroll. Cheers!

 
at January 19, 2007 at 4:59:00 PM PST Blogger Krithika said...

pizza looks fantastic !! have to give this a try !!

 
at January 19, 2007 at 8:03:00 PM PST Blogger USHA said...

Hi,

This is my first visit,wow i loved your version of Pizza.
It resembles same as what we get out...i liked your panner marinating..everything....

 
at January 20, 2007 at 6:11:00 AM PST Blogger Mrs. K said...

Hey! You're it!
I have tagged you for a meme. Please do it if you haven't done already.

 
at January 20, 2007 at 12:51:00 PM PST Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pizzas look beautiful! Very appetizing and colorful! Very nice pix!

 
at January 22, 2007 at 8:23:00 PM PST Blogger Viji said...

Very Nice presentation. Looks so good. Viji

 
at January 23, 2007 at 10:21:00 AM PST Blogger Sri said...

Wow those pics looks really crisp and are lookin delicious too...can't take my eyes off your pizza!!!:)

 
at February 18, 2007 at 8:09:00 AM PST Blogger Unknown said...

Hey
Pizza and the step by step presentation is just lovely. I am in a dilema as to should I order the pizza immediately or shld I try this innovative recipe immediately. sure would let u know after I try this pizza. Navigate to the below link for how I cook my pizzas usually:
http://www.indusladies.com/forums/2317-post1.html

 

Post a Comment