Monday, January 29, 2007

BPW - When Virtual World meets the Real World

Participating in the Blogger Postcards Around The World #2 for the first time is turning out to be a nice roller coaster of emotions for me!

The first stage is called Enthusiasm where I decided to sign in as soon as I saw the announcement .

The second stage is called Confusion - Nothing but confusion. For starters, I am never good at making up my mind when I am provided with a variety of choices and this time I just had one too many. When it comes to cards and gifts I like to add a personal touch ( after all who doesn't :) ). But the problem is I didn't have much time last week and I didn't want to make something in a hurry. This made us ( yes, I pulled my DH along) to got a shop and hunt for postcards...there were some pretty postcards, but none matching the Valentine's theme... so we hopped from shop to shop in search of "the card" and finally gave up the search when we felt the rumbling of the stomach,pleading us to feed something...

The next stage was Panic -It was the day to mail the post cards and I had not even got the postcard! Breaking my head for about half a day, I came up with an idea at laaaast that seemed just perfect...

This stage is called Finally when I decided to create a photo postcard. After choosing the picture of pizza I had made recently, I designed it into a postcard. Though pizza card might seem a silly idea, I thought it would add the personal touch I hoped to create. Thus I finnnnaly finished creating and mailing the card, hoping my secret receiver would like it.



The present stage is called Anticipation where I am keeping my fingers crossed and eagerly waiting for my postcard to arrive safe and sound.

Thanks a lot Meeta for organizing this wonderful event! I am really having a great time [ as explained above ;) ] participating in it...

Ultimate Foodie at 2:24 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at January 30, 2007 at 5:53:00 AM PST Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWE!!!!! Thats so sweet!!!!! Lovely card!! Beautiful creativity :)

 
at January 30, 2007 at 6:19:00 AM PST Blogger FH said...

Beautiful card.You are very creative!:))

 
at January 30, 2007 at 8:50:00 AM PST Blogger Ultimate Foodie said...

Hi Asha and Coffee!
I am so happy that u ppl liked it..hope the receiver likes it too :)

 
at January 30, 2007 at 4:39:00 PM PST Blogger TNL said...

What a nice idea...a personal touch makes so much of a difference..

Pizza is awesome btw..

Trupti

 
at February 7, 2007 at 1:58:00 AM PST Blogger Plume said...

Hi Dhivya!
I recieved your card yesterday, thank you very much!
I appreciate that you made it yourself, it makes it unique!
I didn't know your blog so I'm going to explore...

 

Post a Comment